Honorary President—HP(ACMA)—is the highest award to the members of ACMA within the award system of ACMA. It is a honorary title that ACMA bestow upon individual member in recognition of his/her exemplary service and contribution to the development of ACMA. The Honorary President may be requested to represent the Association at a meeting, or may be asked to preside in a ceremonial capacity. Honorary Presidents are authorised to use the title in connection with their professional activities for as long as their membership remains current. Honorary President is an award title and cannot be considered as being a Management Committee member of ACMA.
Any ACMA Member may nominate a member for Honorary President. A nominee has to be an ACMA member who has made significant contributions to the association. Self nominations are not accepted.
All nominees must meet the eligibility requirements for the Honorary President. These include:
- Being an ACMA member in good standing for at least 10 years and has made significant outstanding contributions to ACMA over at least for 5 years; or
- Served in Management Committee of ACMA for at least 5 years continuously and made significant outstanding contribution to ACMA; or
- Served in Management Committee of ACMA as President for at least 3 years continuously and has led ACMA in a positive development; and
- Dues for the current membership year must be fully paid prior to the consideration taking place; and
- Hold an active medical license in good standing (if in clinical practice); and
- Comply with Continuing professional development and scholarly activities, including continuing medical education as a student or teacher; and
- Participated in Teaching (institutional and community-based), hospital committee work, and/or volunteer and community service, especially in the voluntary provision of medical care; and
- Demonstrated with track record of excellence and contributions made to both medicine and to the broader community in which the member lives and practices.
Current Honorary Presidents
|2018||A/Prof Seng Chua|
|Dr Stephen Hing|
|Dr Ken Lai|
|Professor Howard Lau|
|Dr Stephen Li|
|Professor Danforn Lim|
|Dr Leslie Lim|
|Dr Gabriel So|
|Dr Alex Ting|
|Dr Michael Tjeuw|